Bolgatty Palace is a former palace built by the Dutch in India on Bolgatty island in Kochi, Kerala. One of the oldest existing Dutch palaces outside Holland, this quaint mansion was built in 1744 by Dutch traders and later extended and gardens were landscaped around it. The building was then the Governor’s palace for the commander of Dutch malabar, and in 1909 was leased to the British. It served as the home of the British governors, being the seat of the British resident of Cochin during the British Raj

In 1947, when India attained independence, the palace became the property of the state and was converted into a heritage hotel resort. Bolgatty Palace has a swimming pool, 9-hole golf course, ayurvedic centre, and daily Kathakali performances and is a holiday destination for tourists. There is in a temple dedicated to Shiva that is the first of its kind in Kerala